Limited Income Assistance
You could be eligible for free home energy services!
Many utility companies care about helping customers understand how to use energy wisely. They also believe in lending a hand to those who may be struggling to pay their electric bills. Many utility companies offer help to qualified customers to lower their electric usage and monthly bills. This is done through an in-home energy education program as well as the installation of energy-efficient appliances and home weatherization services. For many homeowners and tenants, energy bills account for far too much of the monthly budget. These homes often suffer from performance problems ranging from inflated energy consumption to poor thermal comfort to indoor air quality issues. These are problems that product rebate programs, regular contractors or even the best do-it-yourself homeowner cannot solve. This is when an Energy Audit can help!
Services may include:
- Energy-saving LED light bulbs.
- SmartStrip surge protectors.
- Energy-efficient replacements of refrigerators and air conditioners.
- Servicing, cleaning, or replacement of heating/air-conditioning systems.
- Electric water heater replacement/ heat pump water heater.
- Attic, floor and wall insulation.
- New door weatherstripping, sweeps and thresholds.
- Duct insulation.
- Income at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Own or rent a house or apartment which has an individual electric meter. (*Customers who rent a home or apartment need landlord permission.)
- Primary residence.
- Average electric usage of at least 600kWh per month.
WARM Application --- WARM Application (firstenergycorp.com)